Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Love & Bullets - Mary Kate Kopec



Devon Monroe, ex-Agency man turned security pro, couldn’t keep a hit from taking down the husband of the woman he loves. And guilt has kept him from seeing her since. Now three years later, she’s the one in danger, and she doesn’t know it. Not yet. Will he be able to keep her alive and finally uncover the unbelievable truth? Will she ever be able to love him without blaming him for her husband’s death? Only time, a traitor, and a family secret will tell.


Giffin Reese, widow of Senator John Reese, and all-around-do-gooder philanthropist, is on a mission. All she wants to do is help people who can’t help themselves. But helping others just may get her killed. She hasn’t seen Devon since the dust settled, and now here he is, offering to be her own personal badass on the same day she gets an unwanted ride from three men with a warning: Stop what you are doing or die!

First let me start by saying I'm a fan of the author of this book, Mary Kate Kopec, on Facebook and I did when a free copy in a contest she had on her page. OK so now on to the review shall we:

It has been three years since Devon and Giffin had seen one another and the reason for that was the death of Giffin's husband, Senator John Reese. Devon was supposed to find the threat to his life but in the end he was not able to get to the bottom of it before he was murdered.

Giffin honestly and truly cared and loved her husband but to say their love was passionate would be pushing it. He treated her well and cared for her and that is all she really asked until she met Devon the head of her husband's security detail.

So after three years the threat has come back in Giffin's life and so has Devon and if he has a say he will stay there for good.

What transpires is a story of getting second chances and life and at the end there is a lot of action by way of bullets flying, car chases, and blood spilled. This book had both action and romance. Also, for me I loved the secondary characters more most particularly Devon's sister Maddie. Also hopefully we will get to read her story soon...because she was just so freaking adorable and cute!!

There is an undeniable tension between Giffin and Devon and when they finally decide to act on it the sparks fly...talk about HOT!! I really did love this book and mostly because of the action...that is what made me love it soo much because I love the thrill!!

If you wanna give this a read just go here to get your own copy --> Love & Bullets

Overall Rating:



Sexiness Rating:




Currently Reading: A Hellion in Her Bed - Sabrina Jeffries

2 comments:

  1. I also loved this book! Action, suspense, & a steamy romance...heck yeah. Everyone I thought I was going to put out down and go about my day...something happened and I HAD to read on. I just couldn't put it down. ;)
    I highly recommend this book.
    I also can't wait for Maddies story. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you loved this book check out Love & Leaving as well as Love & Revenge. You went be disappointed. Dip & Devour is also a yummy read. ;)

    ReplyDelete