Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The Surrender of a Lady - Tiffany Clare


THE PRICE OF PASSION…


Sold. With one word, Lady Elena Ravenscliffe’s destiny changes forever. Forced into Constantinople’s slave market to pay off her late husband’s debts and save her son, Elena reinvents herself as Jinan—a harem girl adored by the rich lords who bid on her favors. But one man instantly sees through her façade.

…IS COMPLETE SURRENDER

Griffin Summerfield, Marquess of Rothburn, let Elena slip through his fingers years ago. When he recognizes her on the auction block, he pays an outrageous sum to possess her even if it is for a short period of time. But when his deadline looms, Griffin will risk all in a desperate bid to make her his—and his alone…


I really wanted to be able to say I absolutely loved this book. I really, honestly and truly did. Look first of all let me say while I didn't love it completely I didn't hate it either. I loved the characters and found them to be refreshing. I also loved the descriptive details of the book. I literally could feel myself in the gardens of the harem and at times I thought I could smell the flowers.

First of all let me say I love the love scenes in romance novels...there I said it!! I admit it openly to all of you but that isn't the only reason why I read them. I read them because there is always a "happily ever after". I love reading about love basically, LOL!! I think what I love more though is the anticipation. The build up to it. The tension between our hero and heroine. Most romance novels have 2 maybe 3 love scenes depending on the number of pages of the book. Now some do have more and I've read those and not been bothered by it and absolutely adored the book. This one it just seemed that there was an overabundance of it. But on the flip side I understand why I mean our heroine was living in a harem for five years (not by choice mind you). I just felt maybe some of it was a little unnecessary.

So I am going to give this book a Sexiness Rating of five flames for obvious reasons but I've been torn while writing this review about the Overall Rating. My initial reaction was to give it three stars but then I thought you know I should give it four because it was a fresh and new idea...definitely not one I've ever read before that I can remember anyway. So I think I will go with the four stars. I will definitely be getting the next book in this series and maybe with it not taking place in a harem there will be just a little less "love" in it.

If you are interested in reading this story just go here --> The Surrender of a Lady

Sexiness Rating:



Overall Rating:

No comments:

Post a Comment