Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Fifty Shades of Grey - E.L. James




When literature student Anastasia Steele goes to interview young entrepreneur Christian Grey, she encounters a man who is beautiful, brilliant, and intimidating. The unworldly, innocent Ana is startled to realize she wants this man and, despite his enigmatic reserve, finds she is desperate to get close to him. Unable to resist Ana’s quiet beauty, wit, and independent spirit, Grey admits he wants her, too—but on his own terms.

Shocked yet thrilled by Grey’s singular erotic tastes, Ana hesitates. For all the trappings of success—his multinational businesses, his vast wealth, his loving family—Grey is a man tormented by demons and consumed by the need to control. When the couple embarks on a daring, passionately physical affair, Ana discovers Christian Grey’s secrets and explores her own dark desires.

Well alas my fellow book nerds I am BACK!! Yes finally!! So after almost six months....YES SIX MONTHS of not reading I finally finished a book and I can feel that old feeling coming back!! YIPPEEE!!

I owe E.L. James a huge debt of thanks for knocking me out of quite possibly my longest EVER reading rut.

So over the last couple of months I’ve been hearing a lot of good things about the Shades of Grey trilogy. Well I decided to give it a try and see what I thought of it.

The story took off in an instant and it never let go. From the immediate meeting between Christian and Anastasia there is a palpable tension between them. Also, you gotta love a girl who literally trips over her own two feet into the office of one the world’s richest men.

Anastasia is of the belief that she’s gawky and well not really all the pretty as in comparison to her friend and roommate Kate. Although, she has guys constantly vying for her attention. I guess she is just to oblivious to it. The whole time I was reading this I kept hearing the song You Don’t Know You’re Beautiful by One Direction in my head, LOL!! I feel that the lyrics to that song described Ana perfectly.

Christian knows his affect on women and he’s bound and determined to have Anastasia Steele in his bedroom. Yes he’s rich. Yes he’s good looking but mostly he’s a very tortured soul. He has demons that as of this book are slowly being revealed but I’m sure we’ll learn more over the next two. (Again you guys know I love me a tortured hero, LOL!!)

Finally, Christian convinces Ana to give him a chance but soon she finds out that this man with the cool exterior is hiding a very deep and naughty secret. He’s a Dominant and he wants Ana to be his Submissive. He proposes this to her in the only way he knows how...a business deal. But Ana has wanted more out of life and soon she’s got Christian wanting to give her more and this takes him by surprise.

This book is filled with hot, sexy scenes that will make your heart race and if you read them in public maybe blush just a wee bit, LOL!!

I’m hooked on this series and can’t wait to see how the relationship of Ana and Christian evolves. I will be reading them but first I gotta read the next installment in the Sookie Stackhouse series...Deadlocked!!

So if you are looking for a hot (and I do mean HOT) read then this is the book for you. Now warning if you are not into stuff like BDSM and the like then I don’t recommend it. I read this and afterwards realized something about myself...with this and loving Vishous from The Black Dagger Brotherhood books who is also into BDSM maybe this is a pattern forming...hmmm....something to contemplate, no?

Hugs,
Mindy
The Romance Book Nerd

Overall Rating:

 
 
Sexiness Rating: (yeah this doesn’t do it justice)

 
 
Currently Reading:


 
Up Next:

No comments:

Post a Comment