Friday, June 4, 2010

Lover Unbound - J.R. Ward

SPOILERS AHEAD!!!




Description:

In the shadows of the night in Caldwell, New York, there’s a deadly war raging between vampires and their slayers. And there exists a secret band of brothers like no other—six vampire warriors, defenders of their race. Now, the cold heart of a cunning predator will be warmed against its will…


Ruthless and brilliant, Vishous son of the Bloodletter possesses a destructive curse and a frightening ability to see the future. As a pretrans growing up in his father's war camp, he was tormented and abused. As a member of the Brotherhood, he has no interest in love or emotion, only the battle with the Lessening Society. But when a mortal injury puts him in the care of a human surgeon, Dr. Jane Whitcomb compels him to reveal his inner pain and taste true pleasure for the first time- until a destiny he didn't choose takes him into a future that cannot include her.

Since the first book of this series I have been waiting to get my hands on Vishous' story. I don't know from that first book just something about him captivated me...maybe it was his brain...yeah I'm a geek lover or nerd lover whatevs!!!

OH BOY I simply loved this book!! It was sweet, heartwrenching, erotic and full of excitement!! OH MAN to find out that my boy was into the hard core type of stuff didn't turn me away from him at all after learning of his story!! Also I was finally glad to see that maybe the feelings he thought he had for Butch were just from the fact that he had never really cared for anyone in his long life and for the first time he did and he just thought he was in love with the guy.

I really loved Jane...she was a total smartass (kind of like me) she didn't take crap from anyone and she was exactly what Vishous needed in his life. She took him for everything he was from vampire to sexual dominant...yeah hot right??

Well I gave this five stars simply because Vishous still has my heart and Phury right now is working his way in there (I'm reading his story now)!! I have to say I was a little disappointed that in the end Jane gets to stay with Vishous but as a ghost?? I was deeply hurt by that because maybe I like Vishous so much I wanted him to have everything because I think his character deserved it but after much pondering he seemed to be happy and so therefore how could I not be happy for him!!

So you wanna read Vishous and Jane's story well then just go here --> Lover Unbound (Black Dagger Brotherhood, Book 5) or you need to read the first six books then go here -->J.R. Ward Box Set

Overall Rating:



Sexiness: (yeah Vishous is hot so he deserves five)



No comments:

Post a Comment