Thursday, August 12, 2010

A Kiss at Midnight - Eloisa james




Miss Kate Daltry doesn't believe in fairy tales…or happily ever after.

Forced by her stepmother to attend a ball, Kate meets a prince…and decides he's anything but charming. A clash of wits and wills ensues, but they both know their irresistible attraction will lead nowhere. For Gabriel is promised to another woman—a princess whose hand in marriage will fulfill his ruthless ambitions.
Gabriel likes his fiancée, which is a welcome turn of events, but he doesn't love her. Obviously, he should be wooing his bride-to-be, not the witty, impoverished beauty who refuses to fawn over him.
Godmothers and glass slippers notwithstanding, this is one fairy tale in which destiny conspires to destroy any chance that Kate and Gabriel might have a happily ever after.
Unless a prince throws away everything that makes him noble…
Unless a dowry of an unruly heart trumps a fortune…
Unless one kiss at the stroke of midnight changes everything.

This is the first book I have ever read by Eloisa James...although I am still trying to acquire all of her books in her Dutchess series I think I got like 2 or 3 more to go!! Also isn't that cover just devine?? I think so!!

This is a take on the tale of Cinderella although there is an evil stepmother there are no ugly stepsisters. In fact I liked it like that because I found Kate's stepsister to be a joy so I'm glad that the book was not overrun with meanies, LOL!!!

I simply adored this book. The relationship of Gabriel and Kate is totally believeable. Also the pressures of real life and what one must do was also very real. It is the tale of falling in love but not exactly with the right person! Gabriel knows he should be enamored with his Princess bride to be but she doesn't stir his blood quite like the kind yet strong Kate. Kate is from a noble family but has been relegated to "not quite" a servent!!

But enter her long lost godmother and things in Kate's life finally start going to way she always planned before her father died.  Also the secondary characters are an absolute treat. From Kate's godmother Henry who even after three marriages still believes in love and loves love, hahaha!! Also there is Toloose whom I must say I garnered a bit of a crush on in his short face time, LOL!! I love a book where not only the primary characters are a delight but the seconary characters can make you smile. Because if they were like pieces of wallpaper in the background well the story would probably be a snore.

As I said before the love you feel between Gabriel and Kate is pure and real and does not feel forced down your throat.

Overall this was a very pleasant and enoyable read and I would recommend it highly for anyone looking for a sweet, caring romance but with a little bit of steam thrown in!!

If you want to get your hands on this book and read the heart warming story of Gabriel and Kate you can just go here --> A Kiss at Midnight

OH yeah I completely forgot to post my review of Maggie Robinson's Mistress by Mistake so I will try to get to that tomorrow (but you guys know me it will probably be Sunday, LOL!!)

Overall Rating:



Sexiness:

No comments:

Post a Comment