Thursday, December 2, 2010

Rules of an Engagement - Suzanne Enoch


This book is the third book in Suzanne’s Adventurer’s Club. I am a huge fan of Suzanne Enoch and every time she has a new book out I run out and buy it. Also, with that luscious cover even if I hadn’t been looking for this book I probably would have bought it anyway because of how beautiful it is!! That yellow is just soo yummy and that little satin blue on the side is just that pop of color that will catch your eye!



In this book our hero is Bradshaw Carroway who is a naval officer and who has been contemplating retirement but not too sure about it because the sea is in his soul. He just doesn’t know how he could live if he isn’t sailing the seas. Also OMG he is soo yummy! I mean if he were a real person I would probably attack him BUT then he gets these native tattoos on his neck and HOLY HECK talk about super YUM-O!!!!


He is still contemplating his retirement and then he meets Zephyr Ponsley. Yes her name is Zephyr and I absolutely adored it. It was fresh and new! Zephyr is nothing that Bradshaw expects in a lady. She has been on botanical expeditions with her father and has no real idea how a lady in polite society should act within the confines of the ton. So with her bumbles and missteps along the way with the society people also sailing with them which just seems to endear her more to him because she is NOT like any other lady he has ever met before.


At first Bradshaw and Zephyr are like two rocks rubbing against one another just irritating the heck out of one another but as we all know sooner or later when two rocks rub together they become smooth therefore Bradshaw realizes he would rather be arguing with Zephyr than sipping tea with the other ladies of the gentry.


Now there is action because after all they are on an expedition to find exotic plant and animal life (remember this is the 1800s so none of this has been explored before) and the natives of these lands do not really know what to think of the English.


I think my only complaint with the book is I felt that the secondary characters were not as well developed as I would like but still I loved this book nonetheless…yeah I love secondary characters and love to see them develop and get to know more about them.


So far this has been my favorite book in The Adventurer’s Club and with the book A Lady’s Guide to Improper Behavior coming in a close second!!

If you want to read Bradshaw and Zephyr's story just go here -->Rules of an Engagement (Avon)


Overall Rating:






Sexiness Rating:






Currently Reading – A Groom of One’s Own by Maya Rodale


Up Next – When Harry Met Molly by Kieran Kramer

No comments:

Post a Comment