Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Claimed by the Highlander - Julianne MacLean

 
 
NIGHT OF CONQUEST
With his tawny mane, battle-hewn brawn, and ferocious roar, Angus “The Lion” MacDonald is the most fearsome warrior Lady Gwendolen has ever seen—and she is his most glorious conquest. Captured in a surprise attack on her father’s castle, Gwendolen is now forced to share her bed with the man who defeated her clan. But, in spite of Angus’s overpowering charms, she refuses to surrender her innocence without a fight…
PRISONER OF PASSION
With her stunning beauty, bold defiance, and brazen smile , Gwendolen is the most infuriating woman Angus has ever known—and the most intoxicating. Forcing her to become his bride will unite their two clans. But conquering Gwendolen’s heart will take all his skills as a lover. Night after night, his touch sets her on fire. Kiss after kiss, his hunger fuels her passion. But, as Gwendolen’s body betrays her growing love for Angus, a secret enemy plots to betray them both…

This is Julianne MacLean's second book in her newest Highlander series.

As with the first book in this series Captured by the Highlander I was grabbed on the first page and it did not let me go. Even when I found myself unable to read it I found myself thinking of the story and wondering what awaited me when I was finally able to pick the book back up.

I have come to love Julianne MacLean and this is on the second book I have read by her. I have come to love the way she writes. The story always flows well and never seems to lag but yet she gives you just enough detail to make you feel as if you are there but then she does not overload it where you find yourself dragged down in a bog of descriptive text. Her books are quick to read and also very enjoyable to read.

I absolutely loved Angus McDonald. He is one of those wounded, tortured heroes that I absolutely find myself attracted to. I guess I am attracted to them because I want to see them redeemed and changed.

I found that Gwendolyn was the perfect woman for Angus because while she admittedly was afraid of him she still found the guts and the willpower to stand up to her conqueror the Scottish Lion. She wants to do what is best for her clan and soon learns that she can come to love her enemy which shocks her but something which she overcomes easily.

Soon Gwendolyn and Angus find their  new and fragile love tested by people from their past and at the end of it all their love becomes stronger than either anticipated.

I'm soo disappointed that I have to wait until October to read the next book in this series Seduced by the Highlander which is the story of Lachlan McDonald the cousin of Angus and I must say I'm very much looking forward to it.

So if you want to read a sweeping, enchanting romance go get your copy here -->Claimed by the Highlander

Overall Rating:



Sexiness Rating:



Currently Reading - Seducing the Governess by Margo Maguire
Up Next - To be honest I'm not really sure because on April 26, 2011 I got three books I will be buying A Tale of Two Lovers by Maya Rodale, Cloudy With a Chance of Marriage by Kieran Kramer and Eleven Scandals to Start to Win a Duke's Heart by Sarah Maclean - so there I'm not really sure which it will be!!
Watching  - The Memphis Grizzlies play the San Antonio Spurs in the Playoffs - GO GRIZZ!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment