Friday, May 6, 2011

Seducing the Governess - Margo Maguire


A Proper Governess Should Never. . .
Assist a handsome stranger, alone on an unfamiliar road . . . unless the rake happens to be her new employer.
Take a position in a crumbling manor . . . especially if the household staff has been replaced by unruly former soldiers.
Allow her young charge entrÉe to her heart . . . for once done, it will be impossible to maintain proper distance.
Permit her charge's uncle a breathtaking kiss under a star-lit sky . . . henceforth she will most certainly lose composure whenever he is near.
And above all, she should never, ever fall completely, irreversibly in love with her employer . . . for nothing good can possibly come of it.

This is my first book by Margo Maguire and I'm pleased to say that I've found a new author to watch.

This story was different than many. In the fact that our hero was scarred from a fire on his face during Waterloo. However, Mercy saw past all of that and still saw the raw sexual appeal of her new employer.

I loved the beginning it had me laughing and I love that. I loved the fact that one of our main characters wasn't perfect but yet our other main character could see past the outside and fall madly and hopelessly in love with him.

The intrigue woven within the story was enough to get the book a little more meat. Although I do love historical romance books that are simply romance only BUT I do also love books where there is a bit of mystery and intrigue added in.

Also, I fell really hard for Captain Briggs the guy put in charge with finding Mercy for her real grandfather the Duke of Windemere. (I want say anything more - I'm trying to not give so much away in my reviews....*grin*) So I cannot wait to read his story and about Mercy's still missing twin sister.

I loved Nash and Mercy. To me they fit well together and complimented each other in many ways. Their relationship was sweet and endearing BUT I did feel the end was a bit rushed so that is why I only gave it four stars but all in all I really enjoyed this book.  Mercy came from a family who had shown her nothing but cool disdain and Nash had been raised completely opposite but even after his losses he, in the end, was willing to risk his heart (because he was worried about losing more loved ones) to be with the woman he loved.

If you want to read Nash and Mercy's story just go here --> Seducing the Governess


ALSO, I just finished the new Sookie book but I plan on posting that review tomorrow!!

Overall Rating:



Sexiness Rating:




Currently Reading: The Help by Kathryn Stockett
Up Next: Hmmm right now I'm not really sure, LOL!!
Currently Watching - NBA Basketball

No comments:

Post a Comment