Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Dark Lover - J.R. Ward



Description:

In the shadows of the night in Caldwell, New York, there's a deadly turf war going on between vampires and their slayers. There exists a secret band of brothers like no other-six vampire warriors, defenders of their race. Yet none of them relishes killing more than Wrath, the leader of The Black Dagger Brotherhood.

The only purebred vampire left on earth, Wrath has a score to settle with the slayers who murdered his parents centuries ago. But, when one of his most trusted fighters is killed-leaving his half-breed daughter unaware of his existence or her fate-Wrath must usher her into the world of the undead-a world of sensuality beyond her wildest dreams.

Well after much recommendation from friends, family and the wonderful ladies over at the Eloisa James/Julia Quinn Bulletin Board (http://eloisjames.net/board) I decided to throw caution to the wind and try this series out.

My only question after book one is this - WHAT THE HECK TOOK ME SOO FREAKIN' LONG???

This book was great!! The characters are wonderful so now I cannot wait to read their stories and I was hooked only after the first chapter and never once did it lose my attention!! I was at work mostly by myself yesterday and when I was really into it the phone would ring...UGH! Oh well I finished it off today and now I've sunk my teeth (get it...sunk teeth...they are vampires...oh well tough crowd) into the next one and I went out and bought the boxed set yesterday merely because the store did not have the third book by itself unless it was in the boxed set so yes I couldn't stand it so I had to buy them even though I already had the first one but I plan on giving that extra one to my sister.

I loved Wrath he was sooo powerfully magnetic and even a little unsure of himself and Beth was just the right compliment to him tough and did not take any crap from him no matter who he was!!!

Well I really must leave you because I have got to get back to my book and if you are thinking hey I would like to check that out go here --> Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood, Book 1) to get the very first book or if you want you can go here -->J.R. Ward Box Set to get the boxed set of the first six books!!

RATING:

Overall:


Sexiness:

No comments:

Post a Comment