Saturday, May 8, 2010

Dead in the Family - Charlaine Harris

FIRST AND FOREMOST IF YOU DON'T WANT TO READ SPOLIERS LEAVE NOW!!!



I have been soo pumped waiting for this book...and finally it arrived. I do admit that I was worried that I was sooo excited for the book that maybe I might have pumped it up so much that it just couldn't possibly live up to my expectations.

I have to say I'm glad I was proven wrong...although my sister would disagree, LOL!!! She says it had too much information in it although I was curious about some of the stuff mentioned and was glad to finally have an answer.

Also the most important thing of all Eric and Sookie? OH YEAH they are still together and that was sooo awesome!!! Also he tells her he loves her...alright are you ready for the best lines ever:

Eric Northman: "I hurt with you. I bled with you-not only because we are bonded, but because of the love I have for you"  (HOLY CRAP is that not the best? Yeah it is the best!)

I am also glad that maybe Bill has found someone else because he totally blows...sorry he does and Eric is just...well for lack of a better word AWESOME!!  (Also in case you haven't noticed I'm totally:

You do learn alot about the vampire "government" and how things are run. You get to meet Eric's maker and also in the end his demise (which frees Eric, YAY) You have a vengeful fairy out to get Sookie but in the end is saved by her fairy great-uncle who at the time is little bit demented but honestly cares for Sookie and her fairy cousin Claude and Sookie's brother Jason! Also my sister said it needed at least another chapter...again I disagree. I think Charlaine Harris is setting it up for the next book and it is (for me anyway) the perfect entry to the next one and in the end Eric and Sookie are still together which is soo great and all I can say is it better stay that way!! Okay they are married and bonded, okay, okay!! (wow that was a lot of okays) Anyway I loved the book and I think she did a lot building it up and now it leaves us wondering what's going to happen with Victor and Felipe. Will Eric finally kill Victor? Or will someone else off the ladder climbing scum of a vampire? Will the Weres have to register? And many more and quite frankly I cannot wait to find out!!

Also more great news Charlaine Harris is going to be at one of the local libraries here on July 12, 2010...so I will be there with bells on you can believe that!!

Rating: ****** (yeah it gets 6 because Eric is pretty much the shiznit)

If you want to read it for yourself just click here --> Dead in the Family (Sookie Stackhouse, Book 10) and you can!!

AND if that isn't enough on May 25, 2010 I will be getting Season 2 of True Blood on DVD!! OH YEAH...even though it is currently re-running on HBO I will get to watch the rest before it re-airs on TV!! Go here --> True Blood: The Complete Second Season (HBO Series) if you want to get your own copy!!

THEN on June 13th the new season starts....SOOO EXCITED I CANNOT WAIT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment