Thursday, January 6, 2011

Treasure of the Sun - Christina Dodd


Theirs was a Passion as Fierce as the Land that Claimed Them
 
Black-eyed Damian de la Sola was like no man Katherine Maxwell had ever known. Powerful and seductive, the aristocratic Spaniard unleashed a passion the Boston beauty vowed to resist.
De la Sola's blood ran hot for the bewitching widow of his most trusted American ally.Consumed by love and honor-bound to protect her, he relentlessly pursued her into the California wilderness.

Together, they followed their destinies. From a magnificent hacienda to a glittering cave carved deep in the mountainside, they searched for a golden treasure--and discovered a priceless love.

OK I really, really, really wanted to love this book. But I must say I didn't although I'm giving it four stars. I did like well enough. I hovered between loving it (when Damian was sweet to Katherine and saying sweet things to her) to absolutely hating it (when Damian was a complete overbearing oaf).

I liked the plot of the story but it was just that Damian was a bit too much to handle. Maybe it's my feminism coming out but I hate reading about guys who want to treat woman like possessions even though I have to say he redeemed himself somewhat in the end...no I won't say why but he does perform an act that makes me think that maybe he is willing to try to change some of his macho ways.

Also, Katherine well again at times I loved her (when she stood up for herself and showed that she was smart and had the brain of a legal eagle) and then hated her (when she just acted so stupid).

OKAY I admit I have been torn between giving three stars and four stars but the parts of the book that shone and sparkled really made me forget the parts I did not care for. I also loved how even though Damian was a macho ass most of the time he really did love Katherine and he wanted her more than anything else in the world even the real treasure that had haunted him. So yes I'm giving it a four because I don't a half system and it deserves more than a three so I have to give it four although technically I guess it really would be a three and a half...OW my brain is hurtin from this math and thinking....

So if you want you can check out Damian and Katherine's story you can just go here -->Treasure of the Sun

Also if you have read it feel free to let me know what you think!!

Overall Rating:



Sexiness Rating:



I also wanted to share with you guys all the books I've gotten over the last month or so...yeah I've been adding to my ginormous to be read pile at a startling rate (eeeek!!!) I'm worried that I might end up on the show Hoarders: Buried Alive by Books, LOL!!





1. Wicked Intentions by Elizabeth Hoyt
2. The Lady Most Likely by Julia Quinn, Eloisa James and Connie Brockway
3. Wicked Nights With a Lover by Sophie Jordan
4. One Night in Scotland by Karen Hawkins
5. Untouched by Anna Campbell
6. Proof by Seduction by Courtney Milan
7. Goodnight Tweetheart by Teresa Medeiros (tomorrow I will post its review)
8. Mistress by Mistake by Maggie Robinson
9. A Strangers Game by Joan Johnston
10. Shattered by Joan Johnston
11. Trust Me on This by Jennifer Crusie
12. Fallen by Lauren Kate
13. Beautiful Darkness by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
14. Elixir by Hilary Duff (yes that Hilary Duff!!)


Currently Reading - Untouched by Anna Campbell
Up Next - Wicked Nights With a Lover by Sophie Jordan
Listening to Bust Your Windows by Jazmine Sullivan (love this tune and I also loved the Glee version...hmm I must get that one as well)

No comments:

Post a Comment