Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Texas Rain - Jodi Thomas


The first time Rainey Adams meets Texas Ranger Travis McMurray, she steals a kiss-and then his horse. Now Travis is deteremined to track down this intriguing woman and bring her back to the Whispering Mountain Ranch as his bride. But this renegade may be too much for even the toughest Texas Ranger to handle.

This is my first book by Jodi Thomas and I feel instantly in love!! I have to say that my ultimate type of hero is a cowboy. I love highlanders, vampires, shifters, werewolves and the like but give me a hot cowboy (more particularly if it is set in Texas in the 1800s YUM-O)!!!  So now I have to get the next four books in the series...gosh I need to quit finding awesome authors because if I keep it up I will never get that huge to be read pile to go down!!

Rainey Adams has run away from her father's clutches. He planned to have Rainey married off to a man twice her age because bluntly he was tired of dealing with her. Rainey decided she did not want to live the life that her mother had. Living with a mean husband who was abusive. He ran an upscale girls school and at the mere age of 13 he forces her to work without pay and constantly promised to do so but it never came. So after her mother's death and her fathers remarriage she sneaks into his office steals what is owed to her for working and sets out to get as far away from him as possible.

Travis McMurray was finally home for a reprieve after years of service in the Texas Rangers. While attending a barn dance he runs into a woman who captivates him so much she steals his horse right from under his nose. He sets out for her and during his search he gets shot. During his recovery he and Rainey share many letters and during this time his need to have her grows.

He finally catches up with his "fairy" and finds she has started to make a life for herself and refuses to marry him and be beholden to any man.

Soon Travis and Rainey are dealing with old foes of Travis who want to seek out their revenge for him putting them in jail and killing one of their brothers. In the process Rainey comes to realize that Travis is different than her father that he makes her feel worthy and capable.

From the first page I was hooked on the story and was very much invested in the growth of the relationship between Rainey and Travis. I found that it progressed at the perfect pace. It also had plenty of action and was well balanced with the softer side of the story.

If you want to read a story that it is endearing and also full of adventure and of course a hot Texas Ranger then you need to pick up this book.

Overall Rating:



Sexiness Rating:



Currently Reading: Captured by the Highlander by Julianne MacLean (I know I said I was going to read The Lady Most Likely but I got this book and just couldn't resist it)
Up Next: Lover Unleashed by J.R. Ward (so excited to read this book)
Listening To:
21
Yeah I know but I'm obsessed with this album!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment